Saturday, September 15, 2007

Make Someone's day


I always have this dream. A dream that the world would be a beautiful place, where everyone would be happy and in love. Where there are smiles and celebration and peace in peoples hearts. Where hands strecth out to help and fold up in gratitude. Where eye's lift up in hope and sparkle in achievement. Where when people talk, flowers bloom. What a wonderful world that would be !
And when I wake up, I ask myself, how can I contribute today. I have found great sense of achievement and joy in "Making Someone's Day ! Everyday !" Its so simple to do it. A smile, a compliment, an unexpected gift, a hand written letter, a wink, a pat on the back, a word of encouragement, a hug, a helping hand, a kiss, anything that is backed by the intention of love and gratitude, qualifies. No act of kindness or encouragement is too small, infact it goes a long.
I will never forget the comment my fifth grade teacher wrote on my report card, "Very Bright Child". I remember it 22 years later too. I remember losing a race and my mother gave me a hug and said, "You looked so pretty when you were running, your hair bounced like a doll". Losing the race suddenly didnt matter, my mothers words lifted my spirit.
I encourage you today to make some ones day. It costs nothing.
If you have a vision of a better world : Here is your chance to contribute. Love to you,
Priya
www.priya-kumar.com

9 comments:

sona said...

Dear Priya,
From where do u get all these wonderful thoughts. U present the theme in such a simple way that it becomes very easy to follow your instructions & achieve something in life.I practised to say sorry & it turned out to be one of the Best experience of my life.
And now Make somone's day. It is so simple & still we dont put it to use. I am sure your Vow to make This World a Better Place to Live will come true very soon.

Unknown said...

hey thats so sweet & such a noble thought. i will see to it that i make people around me smile & feel good about what they are. Thanks.

The Facilitator said...

Hi Priya,
It's always my pleasure to wait for your new posts on your blog. Your urge to make this world a better place and willingness to help fellow humanbeings is commendable. With people like you around, there is always a hope that this world will become much better, for lot many other people.
You & your words have the power to make life of all those, who have faith in you & your words. Thanks indeed. May God help you to succeed in achieving your vision/mission.

Nitin Vazirani said...

To make someone's day, is something that comes from within, on its own, it's a quality that is inherent, just like the five senses. It could've also been inculcated in an individuals upbringing.

You cannot consciously make someone's day, I think.

I cannot be nice to somebody if I don't feel it from within. I'm not being rude or arrogant here, that's genuinely what I feel!

Debesh said...

Dear Priya,

The prayer of St Francis of Assisi expresses some beautiful thoughts...

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

I believe that following these cardinal principles is easier said than done...but if we do follow these - then lo and behold, we would have made someone's day.

Indeed, there is nothing more beautiful than the sight of a smile that lights up the eyes :)

All the best and take care Priya.

amrita somaya said...

Hi Priya,

This is indeed a very beautiful thought and a genuine mission. I will definitely look for ways in which I could make someone's day, everyday. Thanks for this post!!!

Unknown said...

WOW,What a wonderful thought that is!!

It is so nice and thoughtful to actually think for someone else than myself and try and make his/her day. I will practise this for sure, it will be a pleasure to make others smile.

Thank you so much for your contribution in my life ;O)
Keep Smiling :o))))))))

NishaDelisha said...

Nice writing!!

s.uma said...

V keep on receiving so much from the world... the things v use, the food v eat,the dress v wear...how many of them had really contributed... keeping on tracing its origin.. v benefit every minute from the society..dont v? v shld have to pay back our due, to strike a balance..right,u r talking abt thanksgiving in kind and deed... let us contribute our mite earnestly, happily and proudly priya. tnx for making us aware of it.